Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Every Sunday since a baby, I have been going to church. I was never the child that was stuck on the friendly neighborhood bus that took me to church. I was taken by my mom and dad, I remember very few times we missed church. It was instilled in me that we had 6 days during the week to do what we needed to do and then Sunday was the Lord's. I won't say I have been to every Sunday service because there are times that have come up when I was sick and didn't make it but I have been more times than not.

When I was growing up I remember Sunday being a quiet day, there was lunch at home and then a nap. For years I thought "thou shalt take thy Sunday afternoon nap" was in the Bible somewhere....maybe it was just in my mom's. :) All I know was at the age of 25...Mom still thought I needed that nap. Now that I'm a "little" older I long for the days of the Sunday aftermoon nap, before heading back to the evening service.

If you are reading this and haven't been to church in a while, why not think about it this week and when Sunday gets here, go to church. I think you will find that when you put God first in your life, other things will just fall into place for you. Then when you come home, prop your feet up and take a little nap. I promise you will feel so much better, in fact you just might want to do it again next week. 

Have a wonderful week,

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reflection on your day of rest. I always love my Sun. afternoon naps and sweet worship.

    ReplyDelete