Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Revelation 7
 11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
 12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

As I was looking for some scripture to share on here for Thanksgiving I came across this passage from Revelation. I know I have read this over and over through the years at different times but this time it really caught my attention. This scripture describes to us how the angels worship and glorify God, and I think we should take notice of that and do the same. They came with blessings and thanksgiving. Even when we are going through the toughest times of our lives there is always something we can be thankful for.

In February 1999 I had to have surgery to remove a tumor from the side of my head, then in March and April my oldest son had to have surgery on his sinuses, then in June my dear husband collapsed in church and had to be taken to the hospital, only to find out later that week he had cancer. You might say what could you possibly have to be thankful for? Well the tumor I had could have been cancer, in fact the neurosurgeon thought that it was. but it turned out to be benign. Then the cancer my husband had could have been a lot worse, it was caught in the early stages. God is so good.

I thank the Lord my husband is still cancer free, I thank the Lord for his job, I thank the Lord I still have my 84 year old mother with me. I thank the Lord for my two sons, and I thank the Lord for the rest of my family, a sister that I cherish, 2 wonderful brothers and lots of nieces and nephews. I thank the Lord for the church that I attend and for our pastor and his lovely wife. I thank the Lord for lots of friends He has blessed me with. The list could go on and on, if I kept on writing I'm sure I could never come to the end of all of God's blessings on my life.

Before I close I want to add a poem I wrote a few years ago, hopefully it will make you laugh.
Thank You Lord

I got of bed this morning, feeling pretty good
I put my feet upon the floor, on my legs I stood.
I walked into the bathroom and in the mirror looked
I took a second glance and said Wow, you look good.
I had to take a moment and really think this through.
How could this be possible? I'm way past twenty two.
Then it hit me, I know the reason why!
I have a great big secret; I've been given eternal life.
When the load of sin I carried was finally washed away
Jesus love came in and the ugly was gone to stay.
What a happy moment, my face began to shine
All the cares and worries of life I suddenly left behind.
Thank you Lord I love you so, you have been so great,
And now when people look at me I won't ever hesitate
To tell what a wonderful Lord you are and all that you can do
And maybe they'll come to know you Lord and get a face lift too!
Thank You Lord

© TSM 11-17-2008

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the scripture, love your testimony, love the poem, and I love you! AND I'm fixin' to love that chocolate cake, if Carlton ever gets here with it!:) That is so sweet of you, no pun intended! LOL!

    I keep singing that song all morning...I'm walking in faith and victory, I'm walking in faith and victory...that's the only words I know to the song, but it's enough!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diana, You know I love you too Gf.
    I'm glad I could share my cake with you! :)

    ReplyDelete