Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First Thoughts...

Today is the first day of my blog, so bear with me as I'm very new at it. When I was trying to think of a name for it, I wanted come up with something profound, but at 1:00am it's a little hard to be profound. So "Teresa's Thoughts For Today" is as close to profound as I could get. LOL!

When I was creating  this blog, I was thinking I wanted it to be something that is God approved. If you have read my profile, or if you know me personally, you know I truly love the Lord. As a small child I knew He had called me into His service. My mom always told me that one of my first words was "piano". I started taking lessons at the age of five and continued until sixteen. At the age of twelve I started playing in church, at first it was very scary, but it didn't take long for me to know that was where I was supposed to be. And I have been playing for church services for many years now and I have loved everyone of them.

I don't want this to be all about me today, so I am going to close with a scripture that came to mind when I was creating this blog; 

Isaiah 55:6-13
6Seek you the LORD while he may be found, call you on him while he is near:
7Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, said the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not thither, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 12For you shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.



I love that passage, I highlighted the verses that really stood out to me. I especially liked verse twelve, I pray that will happen for all that have stopped by today.

Joy and Peace to you,

Teresa

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog, Teresa! Happy Blogging!
    ~Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Gloria,

    Hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Teresa, I am so excited about your new blog! And proud of me for figuring out how to get on here. LOL! I love the scripture. It really ministered to my heart this morning. I'd like to offer a prayer if I may.

    Heavenly Father, I pray that You would anoint this blog for Your glory and give Sis Teresa the knowledge and the words to minister to hurting souls, or just someone needing a word fitly spoken in due season. May she follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, and bless all that she puts her hands to. We commit this blog into Your hands, dear Lord. Bless our friendship and may it grow into a deep bond that no one or nothing can break, and bless us as we work together on OTT, for Your glory, Lord, never ours. And we ask these things in Jesus precious name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Thank you Dear Diana. I can't wait to see what path the LORD will lead us down. I know it will be something magnificent.

    Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

    Love ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete