Monday, November 28, 2011

Sunday Night Campmeeting


Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.


Before I get started I want to say to those of you who have never been to a Pentecostal church, please stay with me and hear me out. I promise not to sound too far out in left field. :)

Last night we had a wonderful church service, you could feel the presence of the Lord surrounding us. It was so beautiful, it felt like a little bit of heaven had come down.

The above scripture lets us know that it doesn't have to be a large crowd for the Lord to show up, we just have to be on the same page. The art of worshipping the Lord is a beautiful thing, sometimes we have to put our hands up in surrender to the Lord, sometimes all it takes is the simple act of humbly speaking Jesus' name and forgetting the cares of your life for a few moments. When we call HE WILL SHOW UP, Jeremiah 29:12 tells us "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you." That in itself is enough to make me cry, to think that the God of all creation cares enough for me to come when I call.

I am a stay at home mom, that home schools her sons and most days I think I'm a pretty dull person, but when I read scripture like that it makes me feel incredible. It makes me know my Father loves me. Why wouldn't I want to thank Him, worship Him and tell Him how much I love Him?

If you have never experienced the peace that comes from worshipping the Lord why not try it now. You don't have to be in a church, just slow down and give the Lord a little of your time. I think that you will be amazed. :)

Have a worshipful day!

T



   

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, I agree! Worship ushers in the presence of the Lord and His sweet holy Spirit, and there's nothing greater in this world than that! What a wonderful time in the Lord we had! I keep forgetting you have a blog! You will have to start announcing it on FB the way we do OTT, so this old lady can remember!:)

    ReplyDelete