Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year!

PSALM 46
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
 4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.



Happy New Year 2012! WOW! The year is now 2012....does that scare you to read that? I saw a post on Facebook today that ask, "how are you going to spend your last year"? I am tired of hearing the hype about the Mayan calendar, and how the world is going to end in 2012. I want to make a statement here...."I have read the end of the BOOK and I know how it ends!" I have no fear if the world should end right now as I sit here typing this post. I know where I am going...I have Christ as my guide and He will get me where I need to go when the time comes.

As Psalm 46:1 tells us God is our HELP  and STRENGTH when we are in trouble, and to me that says it all. Jeremiah 1:5 also tells us BEFORE we were formed in our Mother's womb HE KNEW US. So if He knew us before we even knew ourselves then He must know everything about us, He has already walked the path that we will walk and He has cleared it for us. He sent His son to be our guide and we have to do is ask Him to forgive our sins and follow Him.

I don't usually bother with New Year's Resolutions but this year I have one I would like to share with you.

My New Years' Resolution for 2012 is to be more of the person God wants me to be and less of the person I am now. I want His likeness to be reflected in my life. I want the blessings of the Lord to overtake me...(Deuteronomy 28:2) but first I have to do my part...I have to listen to the voice of God and do what He tells me to do, not what I want to do. A lot to live up to for the New Year but with His help it is possible.


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU!
Thank You for stopping by.


Teresa

3 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL post, Teresa, and these scriptures are sooo encouraging! Psalm 46 is one of my favorites. I don't have any New Year's resolutions, because they are usually broken (lol), but next year at this time, I hope and pray I will be closer to the Lord than I am now, and full of good health so that I can do more for Him! Selah! I love that word! Can you tell? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana as you can see I didn't add the normal losing weight to my list...I didn't want to dream the impossible dream. :) I am with you about better health this year. I hadn't noticed about SELAH! JK LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we all will be more like Christ at the end of 2012. I hope and pray that I will surrender more of myself to Him every day, so that He can do the good work through me and that others can see Him in me.

    ReplyDelete